SABC Winter 2020 Competition Info
Registration is closed.
Entry registration is closed.
- Disputes concerning any competition run by the SABC will be determined by the SABC in its sole and absolute discretion.
- Any dispute should be addressed to the Competitions Director and SABC committee.
- In order to be eligible for any prizes, an entrant must be a current financial member at the time the results are published.
- Only glass or plastic bottles or cans larger than or equal to 500ml and no greater than 1000ml will be accepted. 700ml bottles are preferred. 330ml stubby bottles or cans will not be accepted.
- Prior to the judging of entries, the Competitions Director may declare prizes available to any and all entrants.
- Prizes offered as are and cannot be exchanged for cash or same financial value.
- The Competitions Director may vary the rules applicable to any competition by declaring the variations prior to the commencement of judging.
- Entrants must declare any conflict of interest before taking part in the administration or judging of a competition.
- SABC reserves the right to cancel, postpone or modify the competition.
- All entries must be handcrafted products, containing ingredients available to the general public, and made using private equipment by hobbyist brewers.
- The competition director reserves the right to combine styles for judging and to restructure awards as needed depending upon the quantity and quality of entries received.
- All participants in a SABC Competition shall act in good faith at all times.
BJCP 2015 Judging Styles
If a style's name is hyperlinked, it has specific entry requirements. Click or tap on the name to view the subcategory's requirements.
|1A American Light Lager||1B American Lager||1C Cream Ale|
|1D American Wheat Beer||2A International Pale Lager||2B International Amber Lager|
|2C International Dark Lager||3A Czech Pale Lager||3B Czech Premium Pale Lager|
|3C Czech Amber Lager||3D Czech Dark Lager||4A Munich Helles|
|4B Festbier||4C Helles Bock||5A German Leichtbier|
|5B Kolsch||5C German Exportbier||5D German Pils|
|6A Marzen||6B Rauchbier||6C Dunkels Bock|
|7A Vienna Lager||7B Altbier||7C Kellerbier|
|8A Munich Dunkel||8B Schwarzbier||9A Doppelbock|
|9B Eisbock||9C Baltic Porter||10A Weissbier|
|10B Dunkels Weissbier||10C Weizenbock||11A Ordinary Bitter|
|11B Best Bitter||11C Strong Bitter||12A English Golden Ale|
|12B Australian Sparkling Ale||12C English IPA||13A Dark Mild|
|13B English Brown Ale||13C English Porter||14A Scottish Light|
|14B Scottish Heavy||14C Scottish Export||15A Irish Red Ale|
|15B Irish Stout||15C Irish Extra Stout||16A Sweet Stout|
|16B Oatmeal Stout||16C Tropical Stout||16D Foreign Extra Stout|
|17A British Strong Ale||17A1 Burton Ale||17B Old Ale|
|17C Wee Heavy||17D English Barleywine||18A Blonde Ale|
|18B American Pale Ale||19A American Amber Ale||19B California Common|
|19C American Brown Ale||20A American Porter||20B American Stout|
|20C Imperial Stout||21A American IPA||21B Specialty IPA|
|21B1 Belgian IPA||21B2 Black IPA||21B3 Brown IPA|
|21B4 Red IPA||21B5 Rye IPA||21B6 White IPA|
|21B7 New England IPA||22A Double IPA||22B American Strong Ale|
|22C American Barleywine||22D Wheatwine||23A Berliner Weisse|
|23B Flanders Red Ale||23C Oud Bruin||23D Lambic|
|23E Gueuze||23F Fruit Lambic||24A Witbier|
|24B Belgian Pale Ale||24C Biere de Garde||25A Belgian Blond Ale|
|25B Saison||25C Belgian Golden Strong Ale||26A Trappist Single|
|26B Belgian Dubbel||26C Belgian Tripel||26D Belgian Dark Strong Ale|
|27A Historical Beer||27A1 Gose||27A2 Piwo Grodziskie|
|27A3 Lichtenhainer||27A4 Roggenbier||27A5 Sahti|
|27A6 Kentucky Common||27A7 Pre-Prohibition Lager||27A8 Pre-Prohibition Porter|
|27A9 London Brown Ale||28A Brett Beer||28B Mixed Fermentation Sour Beer|
|28C Wild Specialty Beer||29A Fruit Beer||29B Fruit and Spice Beer|
|29C Speciality Fruit Beer||30A Spice, Herb, or Vegetable Beer||30B Autumn Seasonal Beer|
|30C Winter Seasonal Beer||31A Alternative Grain Beer||31B Alternative Sugar Beer|
|32A Classic Style Smoked Beer||32B Specialty Smoked Beer||33A Wood-Aged Beer|
|33B Specialty Wood-Aged Beer||34A Clone Beer||34B Mixed-Style Beer|
|34C Experimental Beer|
Number of Bottles Required Per Entry: 1
Judging Session Locations and Dates
Prizes will be awarded at the awards ceremony, at the conclusion of judging. Those unable to attend shall be contacted subsequently.
The Irish Club
13 Carrington St. Adelaide
Sunday 12 July, 2020 13:30, ChST