SABC Winter 2021 Competition Info
Registration is closed.
Entry registration is closed.
- Disputes concerning any competition run by the SABC will be determined by the SABC in its sole and absolute discretion.
- Any dispute should be addressed to the Competitions Director and SABC committee.
- Entry is only open to current financial members of SA Brewing Club. Join or renew here
- Bottle sizes: Only glass or plastic bottles or cans larger than or equal to 500ml and no greater than 1000ml will be accepted. 700ml bottles are preferred. 330ml stubby bottles or cans will not be accepted.
- Prior to the judging of entries, the Competitions Director may declare prizes available to any and all entrants.
- Prizes offered as are and cannot be exchanged for cash or same financial value.
- The Competitions Director may vary the rules applicable to any competition by declaring the variations prior to the commencement of judging.
- Entrants must declare any conflict of interest before taking part in the administration or judging of a competition.
- SABC reserves the right to cancel, postpone or modify the competition.
- All entries must be handcrafted products, containing ingredients available to the general public, and made using private equipment by hobbyist brewers.
- The competition director reserves the right to combine styles for judging and to restructure awards as needed depending upon the quantity and quality of entries received.
- All participants in a SABC Competition shall act in good faith at all times.
BJCP 2015 Judging Styles
If a style's name is hyperlinked, it has specific entry requirements. Click or tap on the name to view the subcategory's requirements.
|1A American Light Lager||1B American Lager||2A International Pale Lager|
|2B International Amber Lager||2C International Dark Lager||3A Czech Pale Lager|
|3B Czech Premium Pale Lager||3C Czech Amber Lager||3D Czech Dark Lager|
|4A Munich Helles||4B Festbier||4C Helles Bock|
|5A German Leichtbier||5B Kolsch||5C German Exportbier|
|5D German Pils||6A Marzen||6B Rauchbier|
|6C Dunkels Bock||7A Vienna Lager||7B Altbier|
|7C Kellerbier||8A Munich Dunkel||8B Schwarzbier|
|9A Doppelbock||9B Eisbock||9C Baltic Porter|
Number of Bottles Required Per Entry: 1
Judging Sessions and Dates
Best of Show
The best beer of show, along with coveted “brewer of the year” points, will also get a special limited edition version of their winning beer released exclusively on tap at The Suburban Brew later in the year.
Results will be announced at the July club meeting, held at The Wheaty.
The Wheatsheaf Hotel
39 George Street Thebarton
Wednesday 21 July, 2021 21:00, ACST