SABC Summer 2024 Competition Info
Registration is closed.
Entry registration is closed.
- Entry is only open to current financial members of SA Brewing Club. Join or renew here
- Disputes concerning any competition run by the SABC will be determined by the SABC in its sole and absolute discretion.
- Any dispute should be addressed to the Competitions Director and SABC committee.
- Bottle count: Please provide one bottle for judging. Please have a second bottle available for BoS judging, should you get a first place.
- Bottle sizes: Only glass or plastic bottles or cans larger than or equal to 500ml and no greater than 1000ml will be accepted. 700ml bottles are preferred. 330ml stubby bottles will not be accepted.
- Prior to the judging of entries, the Competitions Director may declare prizes available to any and all entrants.
- Prizes offered as are and cannot be exchanged for cash or same financial value.
- The Competitions Director may vary the rules applicable to any competition by declaring the variations prior to the commencement of judging.
- Entrants must declare any conflict of interest before taking part in the administration or judging of a competition.
- SABC reserves the right to cancel, postpone or modify the competition.
- All entries must be handcrafted products, containing ingredients available to the general public, and made using private equipment by hobbyist brewers.
- The competition director reserves the right to combine styles for judging and to restructure awards as needed depending upon the quantity and quality of entries received.
- All participants in a SABC Competition shall act in good faith at all times.
BJCP 2021 Judging Styles
If a style's name is hyperlinked, it has specific entry requirements. Select or tap on the name to view the subcategory's requirements.
|3A Czech Pale Lager
|8A Munich Dunkel
|13B British Brown Ale
|13C English Porter
|14A Scottish Light
|20A American Porter
|21B4 Red IPA
|21B6 White IPA
|21B7 Brut IPA
|24C Bière de Garde
|25C Belgian Golden Strong Ale
|26A Belgian Single
|27A4 London Brown Ale
|27A7 Pre-Prohibition Porter
Number of Bottles Required Per Entry: 1
Judging Sessions and Dates
Best of Show
First place winners from each of the five categories will be judged in a Best of Show round at a later date. The winner will have the opportunity to have their beer brewed by the Wheaty, as well as helping out at the brew day.
Prizes will be presented at the February meeting
SABC February Meeting
Wednesday 21 February, 2024 19:00, ACST